- Go off the beaten path to discover local life in the Mekong Delta region, with no tourists in sight Bike along the countryside road and see the gorgeous landscapes of the area See the local monument commemorating the Vietnam War Visit the Orchid Farm, Cao Dai Temple and local workshops Visit a local primary school where you can see children study in their class and play during their break time
About the creator
Vietnam Adventure Tours
- Go off the beaten path to discover local life in the Mekong Delta region, with no tourists in sight
- Bike along the countryside road and see the gorgeous landscapes of the area
- Visit the Orchid Farm, Cao Dai Temple and local workshops
See the local monument commemorating the Vietnam War
- Visit a local primary school where you can see children study in their class and play during their break time
Start your day with an 8:00 AM pick-up from your centrally located hotel in Ho Chi Minh city and head to the Long An Province in the Mekong Delta Region.
After a 1.5-hour car ride, you’ll arrive at your first destination: a local monument that displays objects from the war period of the Mekong Delta Region. Here, you’ll learn more about the history of Vietnam. Then, visit the Orchid Farm of a local family – see literally hundreds of types of orchids from various countries and learn how the plants grow to adapt to the environment they are in.
Exploring the Non-touristy Mekong delta
At 12:30 PM, visit Cao Dai Temple – a can’t-miss experience during the prayer session. Then, bike to a local restaurant for lunch, where you’ll enjoy a set menu of Vietnamese cuisine (halal and vegetarian food is available!).
After lunch, take a rest and then come visit a primary school, where you can observe how the children study and then play with them during break time. Depending on time, head off to a local mattress workshop to see mattresses being made of reeds.
At 3:00 PM, you’ll start heading back to Ho Chi Minh city for a 4:30 PM arrival.
- Inge Frans(29/07/2018)
- Docbonnie Ng(08/11/2017)
It was just fantastic exploring Mekong delta by kayaking. We did enjoyed every single moment. Highly recommend this tour
- Elaine Brown(08/11/2017)
The mekong delta is so beautiful its own way. The guide Foo was so friendly, kind an knowledgable. Thanks so much for everything.
- Hannah keith(08/11/2017)
Go kayaking in the Mekong Delta was so interesting thing we have ever done so far. The food was good and the guide, the locals were awesome.
- Alan Hoang(08/11/2017)
wow, kayaking in the Mekong delta was a very unique experience for both of us. The food we cooked so good, also the local chef are skillful, taught us a lot.
- Tailor-made unique tours.
- Passionate local experts.
- 100% money back guaranteed.