- Cam Thanh palm groove or 7-ha palm groove located apposite to Cua Dai Estuary, Hoi An, little known by tourists. During the Vietnam war this was the shelter for local people and soldiers. Nowadays, it is an ideal place for tourist discovering; and for fishing boats to hide from strong wind during the wet season. The most typical way to travel through the place is coracle (Basket boat) which fishermen use to transfer or go fishing off shore. Tourists can take road way from many directions to the place. The waterway can start from Hoi An or Cua Dai river (The end of Thu Bon river before it meets Hoi An the sea)
About the creator
Discover the palm groove
Eco tour Hoi An can help tourists discover the palm groove and learn about fishing life of the area. There are many ways of fishing here but the most interesting ways for tourists are casting net and lifting round net. You will go with fishermen to have real life of fishing. The basket boat offers tourists exciting moment when they go to catch fish and help the fisherman work. Then, you go through the groove to see insight the palm tree with different shapes and ages. Many little crabs run around the palm roots; stop gently and catch them by fishing rods…
- Pick up guest(s) at the appointment to Buffalo Cart Station
- Relax on buffalo cart through the amazing countryside to a wharf in Cam Thanh, Hoi An (30minutes)
- Get on a boat and boating along Hoi An river (20 minutes)
- Discover fishing life: rowing basket boat, pulling fishing net, casting a net, fishing crabs…(90 minutes)
- Have meal with grilled sea food on the boat (60 minutes)
- Return home by car with tour guide
* The end of the Tours – Hoi An Eco Travel thank you very much for join with us *
PRICE $40 / 1 Person
(Valid from Jan 1st, 2015 to Dec 31st, 2015)
- Tailor-made unique tours.
- Passionate local experts.
- 100% money back guaranteed.