- Discover the hidden gems of the Tagal Tinopikon Park as you explore and experience all that Mother Nature has to offer. Visit the Tagal Tinopikon Park at Kg. Notoruss Experience Feeding Fishes at the Beautiful Moyog River Visit Tribal Houses and Learn How the Natives Tap Rubber Experience a Hanging Bridge As You Enter the Compound
About the creator
Discover the hidden gems of the Tagal Tinopikon Park as you explore and experience all that Mother Nature has to offer.
- Visit the Tagal Tinopikon Park at Kg. Notoruss
- Experience Feeding Fishes at the Beautiful Moyog River
- Visit Tribal Houses and Learn How the Natives Tap Rubber
- Experience a Hanging Bridge As You Enter the Compound
Tagal Tinopikon Park
Surrounded by concrete walls and noises of the city can be very draining and every now and then, taking a nature-oriented trip would do wonders for yourself. For such an experience, head to the Tagal Tinopikon Park located in Kg. Notoruss where you will truly immerse yourself in a typical villager’s serene and tranquil lifestyle. The majestic Moyog River runs beside the village and you will be amazed to discover the amount of marine life thriving in the river such as the Pelian fishes, known also as the Gem of the River.
This rare sight is a result of “Tagal”—a Kadazandusun word—which prohibits the act of fishing in the area, thus maintaining a healthy ecosystem. This law is enforced at all times and you will be fined if caught in the act. However, the park does allow you to feed the fishes and swim in the designated swimming zones. The Moyog River would most definitely leave an impression be it the crystal clear waters or the schools of fishes that swim around it.
Experience a Hanging Bridge As You Enter the Compound
The main entrance to the park is set with a hanging bridge where you will cross to be briefed about the park. After that, we will engage in various activities such as visiting the local tribal houses, exploring the fruits and plants gardens, observing a rubber tapping demo by the villagers or how the harvest their crops which vary according to the season. If the weather permits, you may opt to visit a nearby waterfall or work up a sweat by taking a short jungle trek. Join in their kampong games before embarking on a river adventure where you will get to feed fishes or take a leisurely swim. With all these activities, you are sure to work up quite an appetite, so tuck into a delightful kampong meal cooked on firewood.
- Tailor-made unique tours.
- Passionate local experts.
- 100% money back guaranteed.