- Take some time off to discover the Malaysian aborigines and observe their way of life before heading to an elephant sanctuary to spend some time with the lumbering and majestic creatures. Experience the Aboriginal Way of Living Visit the Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary Spend Time with Baby Elephants
About the creator
Take some time off to discover the Malaysian aborigines and observe their way of life before heading to an elephant sanctuary to spend some time with the lumbering and majestic creatures.
- Experience the Aboriginal Way of Living
- Visit the Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary
- Spend Time with Baby Elephants
Experience the Aboriginal Way of Living
Amid controversial news report and negative reviews surrounding elephant sanctuaries, the Elephant Sanctuary in Pahang serves to portray it in a different light. Slightly under 2 hours away, we will first make a stop at the aborigine settlement to delve into the aborigine culture of Malaysia. An enlightening experience at the very least, you will be able to observe the aboriginals going about their daily life, building fires, hunting for food, foraging and also listen to native stories that are unlike any other. A stark contrast from the urban life, it is refreshing to observe the natives making use of whatever Mother Nature has granted them without a fuss.
Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary
Following that, we will proceed to Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary; a conservation centre managed by The Department of Wildlife and National Parks of Malaysia. Due to poaching and habitat loss, these incredible Asian elephants are endangered, with only a dwindling fraction of its population left. The staff are tasked with locating and translocating elephants from their once thriving habitat and to educate the public on the plight of the elephants and the importance of conservation.
Join in the activities and be awed by these magnificent creatures as you feed, bath and observe the elephant roam safely about the grounds of the sanctuary. You may even be lucky enough to spend time with baby elephants and give them a nice washing down. Spend a moment to learn how trained professionals care and nurture these elephants on a daily basis without causing the elephants stress. All in all, this will be a truly enriching experience that will leave you with a pleasant feeling as you are ferried back to your hotel.
- Tailor-made unique tours.
- Passionate local experts.
- 100% money back guaranteed.