- Get unrestricted access to the full pewter products experience as you explore the culture of the pewter trade in Malaysia. Explore the Grandiose History of Colonial Malaysia and Tin Try Your Hand at Creating Custom Pewter Accessories Get the Full Royal Selangor Experience with Both Workshops
About the creator
Get unrestricted access to the full pewter products experience as you explore the culture of the pewter trade in Malaysia.
- Explore the Grandiose History of Colonial Malaysia and Tin
- Try Your Hand at Creating Custom Pewter Accessories
- Get the Full Royal Selangor Experience with Both Workshops
Royal Selangor Gallery
We start the day off with a tour of the glistening structure that is the Royal Selangor Gallery. We bring you on a journey through time and see the history of the world through pewter. Learn about the company’s humble beginnings and listen to the stories of those who travelled to improve their craft and grow their enterprise from a small-time ceremonial items manufacturer to becoming the largest pewter artefacts manufacturer in the world.
This museum contains pewter pieces with amazing stories and works of art like the World's Biggest Pewter Tankard and a replica of the Kuala Lumpur Twin Towers made entirely of pewter tankards. Admire the many ways designers and artisans alike have explored pewter’s endless possibilities, from dazzling gifts to personal accessories. Also be on the lookout for the Comyns Archive, which houses various moulds, drawings and patterns acquired by Royal Selangor.
Next, we step out to the factory floor, where we will let you catch a glimpse of today’s production processes which showcases the real heritage of Royal Selangor; and watch as their finest craftsmen hand-make attractive pewter pieces. Let your imagination go wild and throw on your gloves and apron, as Royal Selangor grants you unrestricted access to create whatever your heart desires. Using their moulds, try your hand at making an accessory that you can even take home to show off to your friends. Additionally, you also get to stamp your initials in a pewter disc and shape it to form a dish that you get to keep as a souvenir of your visit to The Gallery.
- Tailor-made unique tours.
- Passionate local experts.
- 100% money back guaranteed.