- Exploring the beauty and experience the serenity of Bako National Park in Sarawak. Capture the Sights of the Proboscis Monkeys on Camera Exploring Bako National Park in Its Splendour and Beauty Go on the Numerous Nature Trails to Discover Incredible Flora and Fauna Waiting Behind the Covers of the Forest
About the creator
Exploring the beauty and experience the serenity of Bako National Park in Sarawak.
- Capture the Sights of the Proboscis Monkeys on Camera
- Exploring Bako National Park in Its Splendour and Beauty
- Go on the Numerous Nature Trails to Discover Incredible Flora and Fauna Waiting Behind the Covers of the Forest
Day 1 - Kuching / Bako National Park
On a beautiful sunny day, what better way to spend it than getting up close and personal with nature. Join us for a tour to Bako National Park in Sarawak for an adventure like no other. Your journey starts off with a half an hour ride to the fishing village of Bako, by which you are required to board a boat to the Park headquarters. Gazetted as the oldest national park in Sarawak, Bako offers visitors a well-versed introduction to the flora and fauna of the land.
Spanning 16 square kilometres of primary forests, Bako is home to seven distinct ecosystems which visitors are bound to encounter on any given day. These ecosystems comprise of beach vegetation, cliff vegetation, mangrove, peat swamp forests, mixed dipterocarp forest, heath forest and grasslands. Constant soil erosion has changed the geography of the coastline, producing stunning cliff faces, sandstone structures, sea stacks and pristine sandy beaches.
Wildlife enthusiasts would be drawn to the wide range of unique animals that inhabit the woodlands such as the rather elusive Long-tailed macaques, Silver-leaf monkeys and the rare, long-nosed, pot bellied Proboscis monkey. Keep a keen eye for other jungle denizens such as the flying lemur, mouse deer, bearded pigs, bats, tarsiers, slow loris and palm civet cats. With 16 exciting trails to choose from, it is advisable that you consult your guide on the best route to take.
As night descends, take a walk through the woods where a whole range of new characters can be seen around the area. The jungle emanates a mysterious aura under the veil of darkness as flying lemurs, bats, tarsier, slow loris and palm civet cats move among the treelines. Relax and refresh yourself at the Park Guesthouse, which provides basic amenities and facilities.
Day 2 - Bako National Park / Kuching
Morning beckons a welcoming sight as rays of sunlight illuminate the treeline and the harmonious tunes of jungle birds fill the air. An overnight stay at the park would allow you more freedom to explore and enjoy the wonders of this diverse area. Go on an early morning trek and catch a glimpse of the Proboscis monkeys as they start their day hanging around the river banks. Grab a bite for lunch at the canteen to fill your rumbling belly before returning to the city.
- Tailor-made unique tours.
- Passionate local experts.
- 100% money back guaranteed.