- Great trekking in forgotten world of Northern Vietnam Mai Chau, in Hoa Binh Province, approximately 140km from Hanoi capital and 60km from Hoa Binh City. It’s a peaceful valley sheltered by the outside world by a dramatic ring of hills. Its isolation has allowed a traditional way of life to thrive in a way that you wouldn’t expect so close to the capital city.
About the creator
Itinerary at a glance + Highlight
1. Itinerary at a glance
Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau – Eo Ken Village (B, L, D)
Day 2: Mai Chau (B, L)
* Awesome scenery
* Relaxing rural landscape.
* Homestays in villages of ethnic minorities
* Tasty local food cooked by the family
* Relaxing and trolling through the gorgeous valley
Day 1 Hanoi – Mai Chau – Eo Ken Village
Meals: Breakfast, Local homemade lunch and dinner
Depart in the morning for Mai Chau at 6:00am. On arrival, you will check-in our home stay and have a homemade lunch there. Drive to Eo Ken village (30km away from Mai Chau). You will set off on a walking/easy trekking trip without any tourist but seeing the beautiful natural setting and the traditional houses of Thai ethnic minority people and the lifestyle of the locals. Back to our home-stay late afternoon.
Enjoy our dinner cooked by the family. In the evening, if we lucky enough we can enjoy a traditional dance performance if the locals perform that night. Home stay and overnight the stilt house in Pom Coong village.
Enjoy Dancing with local people
Day 2 Mai Chau – Hanoi
Meals: Local homemade breakfast and lunch
After breakfast, take delight in walking through rice paddies to the Mai Chau Valley which is dotted with stilt houses. Your walk provides good opportunities for pictures talking, visiting families and interacting with locals. On the return to Pom Coong village, we pass by the Vang Village of Mai Chau Town. Lunch at our home-stay before returning to Hanoi. We expect to get back to Hanoi around 6:00pm
- Tailor-made unique tours.
- Passionate local experts.
- 100% money back guaranteed.