- Borderline with Cambodia by a river, Chau Doc town is known not only a big gate for exchanging goods on land of the both countries but also the gate for tourist who want to enter or exit Vietnam through the lower Mekong Delta. The Mekong Delta attracts tourists by these picturesque landscape of the floating houses, fishing farms, orchard gardens along the banks specially is the floating markets take place every early morning
About the creator
YOUR INDOCHINA TRAVEL
Borderline with Cambodia by a river, Chau Doc town is known not only a big gate for exchanging goods on land of the both countries but also the gate for tourist who want to enter or exit Vietnam through the lower Mekong Delta. The Mekong Delta attracts tourists by these picturesque landscape of the floating houses, fishing farms, orchard gardens along the banks specially is the floating markets take place every early morning
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh city – Mekong delta Cai Be floating market – Cao Lanh
- 07.45 am, our tour guide and driver pick you up on request at your hotel that locates in backpacker areas De Tham street, Bui Vien street, Pham Ngu Lao street or in Ben Thanh areas Le Thanh Ton street, Thu Khoa Huan street, Ly Tu Trong street. Other places that are not mentioned kindly come to Daily Travel office for joining the tour.
- Depart from Ho Chi Minh city at 08.00am. It takes one hour and thirty minutes driving to get to My Tho town. On the way, travelers will have opportunity to see these picturesque sights along the road such as the green rice fields, the peaceful Vam Co Dong river and the busy Long An town. At the end of the route, our bus will stop at Mekong Rest stopat which you can take a rest and see bonsai garden.
- Arrive in My Tho town, getting on a motorized boat. Take a leisurely boat ride in Tien river to enjoy fresh air, to see the peaceful life of the local people. Passing the stilt house, the fishing floating farm, the four Islands (Dragon, Phoenix, Tortoise, Unicorn).
- After crossing Rach Mieu Bridge, we disembark at Unicorn Island. Take a peaceful walking on the village paths, pay a visit to local people’s home, orchard garden and enjoy seasonal fruits while listening to traditional Southern folk music.
- Then visit honey bee farm and taste delicious honey tea with lemon which is really good for health. Local people also have python farm for those visitor, who like adventure can take a photo with pythons.
- Take a hand – rowed sampan through the creeks for sightseeing the natural water coconut trees-a symbol in the Delta areas.
- Return to the motorized boat then cruising to Ben Tre province, pay a visit to coconut candy workshop to know how to make tasty candies by hand.
- Then cruising to Unicorn Island to visit crocodile farm and visit the remains of Coconut belief.
- Having lunch in orchard garden. Do not forget to taste dried Ear Elephant fish that is one of the special dishes in Mekong Delta.
- Next take a short walking across the narrow village path to the bus and process to Can Tho city.
- On the way, our tour guide will introduce to travellers the symbol of culture, dining and entertainment places in Can Tho city.
- Arriving in Can Tho city, check in at the standard hotel which has hot shower, towers, mini bar, air conditioner, tivi, wifi. etc. in each room.
- Leisure in the evening for wandering Tay Do night market, Ninh Kieu wharf or taste these delicious local dishes.
Day 2: Can Tho city – Cai Rang floating market – Long Xuyen – Chau Doc
- After having breakfast at the hotel. At 07.00am, take a leisurely waking to Ninh Kieu wharf.
- Tourist will have chance to see morning streets market with many products homemade such as fruits, vegetables, cake… are sold on the way to the wharf.
- Cruising in the river to the busy Cai Rang floating market, one of the biggest floating market in Southern Vietnam. Tourists will be surprised to explore “the method of the business” in the floating market areas. It is really interesting.
- After exploring the floating market, tourists will visit the place to see how people make rice vermicelli noodle and the orchard garden. You can wander in the village and try your best to cross the bamboo bridge which is built only by one bamboo tree.
- Cruise back Ninh Kieu wharf.
- After lunch, heading to Chau Doc. Stop over at Long Xuyen
- Arrive in Chau Doc town. Check in the hotel and leisure in the evening.
Day 3: Chau Doc – Sam Mountain – Tra Su Cajuput Forest – Ho Chi Minh city
- Having breakfast at the hotel. At 07.00am, driven to Sam Mountain a particular symbol of Chau Doc town to visit Cave Pagoda.
- Then transfer to Tra Su cajuput forest, which is renowned for not only its almost-untouched natural beauty but also its sanctuary of flora and fauna. Take a boat trip into the forest, you will immediately feel like you are harmonizing with nature because of all of the impressive pictures of cajuputs, the fragrance of the flowers and the music-like noise of birds, insects and animals making people relaxed and comfortable. From the observation post, you can overlook the forest with an area of nearly 900 ha, home of many birds and animals, including some rare ones.
- After that, proceed to Ho Chi Minh city. Lunch en route.
- Arrive to Ho Chi Minh city around 18.30. End service.
- Tailor-made unique tours.
- Passionate local experts.
- 100% money back guaranteed.