Mekong Delta Tour 2 days – Cai Rang floating market
- Get on a boat ride through the fertile islands of The Upper Mekong river, feel the rowing boat trips under the shadow of the water coconut trees, taste the seasonal fruits in the orchard, enjoy your homestay experience with the locals, Cai Rang floating market which is at its busiest at this time of day.
Price per Participant
1 - 15 people
A/c bus for transfer & sightseeing as per program. Boat trip in the Mekong delta. English speaking guide All entrance fees, fresh fruit and honey tea 1 lunch on day 1, 1 breakfast at hotel on day 2 Accommodation based on Twin/Double room share basis
About the creator
YOUR INDOCHINA TRAVEL
Get on a boat ride through the fertile islands of The Upper Mekong river, feel the rowing boat trips under the shadow of the water coconut trees, taste the seasonal fruits in the orchard, enjoy your homestay experience with the locals, Cai Rang floating market which is at its busiest at this time of day.
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh city –My Tho city – Ben Tre province – Can Tho city
- 07.45 am, our tour guide and driver pick you up on request at your hotel that locates in backpacker areas (De Tham street, Bui Vien street, Pham Ngu Lao street)m or in Ben Thanh areas (Le Thanh Ton street, Thu Khoa Huan street, Ly Tu Trong street). Other places that are not mentioned kindly come to Daily Travel Vietnam office for joining the tour.
- At 08.00am, leave Ho Chi Minh city. It takes one hour and thirty minutes driving to get to My Tho town. One the way, travellers will have chance to see these beautiful landscape along the road such as the green rice fields, the peaceful Vam Co Dong river and the busy Long An town. En route, Our bus will stop at Mekong rest stop where you can take a rest and see bonsai garden.
- Arrive to My Tho town, visit Vinh Trang pagoda an oldest ancient one in Southern Vietnam. Known as the largest pagoda and the most special architecture in Mekong Delta. It’s architecture was influenced by Vietnamese culture and Khmer’s culture as well as European’s architecture.
- After visiting Vinh Trang pagoda, our bus will take travellers to the pier boat for getting on a motorized boat. Take a leisurely boat ride in Tien river to enjoy fresh air, to see the peaceful life of the local people, Passing the stilt house, the fishing floating farm, the four Islands ( Dragon, Phoenix, Tortoise, Unicorn)
- After passing Rach Mieu Bridge, we disembark at Thoi Son Islet that locates on Phoenix Island. Take a leisurely walking on the village paths, visit local people’s home, orchard garden and enjoy seasonal fruits while listening to traditional Southern folk music.
- Then visit honey bee farm and taste delicious honey tea with lemon that is really good for health. Local people also have python farm for those tourist, who like adventure can take a photo with pythons.
- Take a hand- rowed sampan through the creeks for sightseeing the natural water coconut trees a symbol in the Delta areas.
- Return to the motorized boat then cruising to Ben Tre province, visit coconut candy workshop to know how to make delicious candies by hand.
- The highlight of the trip is take a sightseeing through the peaceful villages by horse cart.
- Then cruising to Unicorn Island to visit crocodile farm and visit the remains of Coconut belief.
- Having lunch in orchard garden. Do not forget to taste dried Ear Elephant fish that is one of the special dishes in Mekong Delta (on guest’s account)
- After lunch, riding on bicycle through the village paths to enjoy the fresh air and observe the pastoral life.
- Then take a short walking through the narrow village path to the bus and process to Can Tho city.
- On the way, our tour guide will introduce to travellers the symbol of culture, dining and entertainment places in Can Tho city.
- Arrive to Can Tho city, check in at the standard hotel that has hot shower, towers, mini bar, air conditioner , tivi, wifi .etc. in each room.
- Leisure in the evening for exploring Tay Do night market, Ninh Kieu wharf or taste these delicious local dishes.
Day 2: Can Tho city – Cai Rang floating market – Ho Chi Minh city
- After breakfast at the hotel. At 07.00am, take a leisurely waking to Ninh Kieu wharf. Tourist will have chance to see morning streets market with many products homemade such as fruits, vegetables, cake… are sold on the way to the wharf.
- Cruising in the river to the busy Cai Rang floating market, one of the biggest floating market in Southern Vietnam. Visitors will be surprised to explore “the method of the business” in the floating market areas. It is really impressed.
- After exploring the floating market, visitors will visit the place to see how they make rice vermicelli noodle and the orchard garden. Wandering in the village and try your best to cross the bamboo bridge which is built only one bamboo tree.
- Cruise back Ninh Kieu wharf.
- Stop for lunch.
- Arrive to Ho Chi Minh city around 5.00pm.
- End of your
3.0 stars, based on 1 reviews
- FRANCESCA GODINEZ(02/04/2018)
Experience life in the Mekong Delta on a group tour from Ho Chi Minh City. Travel down the narrow canals by rowing boat and get the chance to sample fresh fruits and the local coconut candy. Cai Rang is the biggest floating market in Mekong Delta where people can buy fruit & vegetables from locals. A good time to visit is early in the morning when they are very lively and colorful.
Known as the world’s 10th longest and the 7th longest river in Asia, Mekong River flows through several countries. When it comes to the southwestern Vietnam, it separated into 2 small parts, and the 2 parts continue divided into 9 branches as nine dragons so its surrounding area is also called Nine Dragon Delta or Mekong Delta. Mekong Delta is considered to be the second largest and richest area in Asia in Vietnam where people essentially live by farming. Also called as “Rice Basket” of Vietnam, the Delta provides about 60% of rice and a large of seasonal and fresh tropical fruits. Mekong delta region has been an exotic paradise for visitors throughout the word and a cannot-be-missed destination in Southern Vietnam tours. Coming there, visitors are fascinated when observing lots of the activities in the area taking place on the vast waterways as well as most houses accessing to the river, not all of them to roads.
The dense network of the Mekong River and its tributaries has developed the waterway transport system and formed the special customs of the locals here. If you visit, you can watch the locals trading goods from their boats, which has created a vast floating market. Cai Rang Floating market of Can Tho is the most famous of these markets.
- Tailor-made unique tours.
- Passionate local experts.
- 100% money back guaranteed.